This project is read-only.

Changing the background color of folder images [imported from GotDotNet]

Jun 21, 2007 at 7:51 AM
bbollenbach

User Posts:
Changing the background color of folder images Posted on: 12/14/2005 16:08:40

How can I change the background color of the folder images from black to another color to match the rest of the stylable thumnails?

bleroy

User Posts:
Changing the background color of folder images Posted on: 01/09/2006 11:07:52

There's a setting for that in the handler's code (the ashx file). This can't be styled from the CSS because of anti-aliasing.

renatonaka2

User Posts:
Changing the background color of folder images Posted on: 01/28/2006 02:31:00

how about changing colors of the thumbs background. I want them to be white instead of black. I've changed all the "black" instances in the .ashx page, but the thumbs still come with a black background.

bleroy

User Posts:
Changing the background color of folder images Posted on: 01/30/2006 10:20:09

The problem is probably that the black cached thumbnails are still there. You can either force the application to restart or delete the cache folder (deep in the windows folder so restarting the app is probably your best bet).

muhansms

User Posts:
Changing the background color of folder images Posted on: 07/17/2006 16:16:06

Do you mean restart IIS? I've rebooted the server and the thumbnail background color changes I made don't seem to take effect. What folder does it use to cache thumbanail images? Thank you for a great project.

bleroy

User Posts:
Changing the background color of folder images Posted on: 08/28/2006 11:33:46

No, restarting the app should have been enough. If that didn't work, find the temporary directory for that application (should be somewhere deep in the windows .net framework folders, a search on .jpg should find it easily) and delete all the jpegs in it.

trtinker

User Posts:
Changing the background color of folder images Posted on: 01/10/2007 08:14:54

Has anyone solved this question about thumbnail background colors? I too have changed every occurance of "Black" anywhere in the *.ashx and still haven't overridden the black background.

(I have cleared the cached thumbnails).

If they have, could you share what/how you did it?