Setup Question

May 28, 2008 at 12:59 PM
I'm sure that I am just missing a setting, but I cannot seem to get the gallery to work on my site. It displays a long list with what appear to be invalid image links for both folders and files. Since the handler is dynamically passing back the images I have been unable to find what I have setup wrong. Opening and image will display the image information correctly, but does not display the photo. The photo will display when I click on 'full resolution', but that is just a link to the actual file.

Any thoughts on what I might be doing wrong? Thanks for any help. Below is the url if that helps. Thanks.

http://www.shiffer.biz/shiffer-content/pictures/album.ashx?albummode=Folder&albumpath=%2fshiffer-content%2fpictures

May 29, 2008 at 12:08 PM
Nevermind. I had to throw in a bunch of debug code that led me all the way back around to figuring out that the mode was set to cache to disk and for some reason Go Daddy is not allowing that. I have the folder setup as read/write but for some reason File I/O permission still fails. I switched to memory cache and it works. Unfortunately, I have so many pictures that this probably is not going to help me without some mechanism for paging. I guess I'll have to roll up my sleeves and write that into it. Thanks for giving me a start though.