GoDaddy

Jan 10, 2008 at 7:05 AM
I saw this and thought, "my life just got so easy." But under Firefox it just came up in one long colum and no background color. After a few tweaks it works GREAT! For any other GoDaddy users out there who want to use and have FF support...

1. Under your top level root folder on your site ensure you have a "bin" folder and drop the MetaDataExtractor.dll file in it.
2. Open the album.ashx file in Notepad or similar word processor.
3. Goto line 1927 (Ctrl-G in Notepad.)
4. Change:
writer.AddAttribute(HtmlTextWriterAttribute.Href, "?albummode=css");
<to>
writer.AddAttribute(HtmlTextWriterAttribute.Href, "album.css");
5. Goto line 2102; make the same change.
6. Where you want the album script to start working from, upload the album.ashx and album.css file.
7. Open up the album.ashx file on your website.
8. Enjoy!

Again, the above change is to correct for a glitch that prevented V2.1 from working right for me in Firefox. Worked great in IE7, just not FF. Also note that this change will force the use of the CSS formatting from the additional album.css file, not from the variable in the ashx file.

This only works on the GoDaddy Windows server site with Active Server Pages (ASP) V2.0 loaded.

As with all things code, I'm positive that there are fixes to the above and a myriad of suggestions and ideas.

MUCH thanks to all who coded this sweet little piece of digital freedom.

~Questnfool
Sep 9, 2011 at 8:05 PM
Edited Sep 9, 2011 at 8:06 PM

Hi,

Thanks for the information.  I'm running into the same issue with IE9.

When I initially go TO the page, it displays fine - but if I F5 or "refresh, then the photos all show up in one straight column.

I wonder if you're still using the control, and if so, if you'd have any advice?

thanks

David