Missing Thumbnails on Directories [imported from GotDotNet]

Coordinator
Jun 21, 2007 at 7:55 AM
termy

User Posts:
Missing Thumbnails on Directories Posted on: 03/29/2006 07:44:34

This is a great piece of work I have to say. The only problems that I am having is that the images for the directories (including the up directory) do not seem to render the first few times loading the pages. I have to hit refresh a number of times for the images to appear. They stay there until I try to load the pages later.
Cache settings are set to disk. My server isnt the fastest in the world, that may be causing the problems. I am using the 2.0 .net Framework.
Is there anything I need to do to get the images to render the first time?

Sankar74

User Posts:
Missing Thumbnails on Directories Posted on: 06/10/2006 17:32:58

No, this should work the first time. I never experienced that.
One thing you can do is get the url for one of the faulty images, write that down somewhere.
Restart the web server and paste that url into the address bar. If anything wrong is happening, instead of just not seeing the image, you'll see an actual error message. Once you have that, send it my way on this forum.
Thanks,
Bertrand

Sankar74

User Posts:
Missing Thumbnails on Directories Posted on: 06/10/2006 17:35:05

So now GotDotNet thinks I'm "Sankar74". Great. I'm really bleroy.

jbenscoter

User Posts:
Missing Thumbnails on Directories Posted on: 09/11/2006 07:33:30

I'm experiencing the same problem while using memory caching on my host server. After a while of clicking around, the directory images do appear. When I run the handler locally, everything works fine, on the first attempt. I can only assume that my host server has some restriction/limitation/issues, that I can not modify.

To get around this issue, is there a simple way to replace the directory thumbnails with a default image/icon of say, a picture of a phtot album?

Thanks,
Jim